Classic Egg Salad is a simple , quick and easy egg salad made with boiled eggs , mayonnaise , dijon mustard , herbs and seasoning. It's gets ready within 15 minutes.
It’s packed with protein and nutrients, so make it often, eat it more ! It is great to serve along side of toast or to make some delicious egg sandwiches or wraps. You can also eat just like that with a fork and complete the bowl , as I often do.
About this recipe
One can never get bored with this Classic Egg Salad . This is not just any ordinary salad, it packs loads of flavors in it.
This is a protein rich, low-carb, healthy salad that you can add to your daily meal menu. It's also great for picnics , potluck and get together parties.
You can serve this in many ways – as a salad, make egg sandwich, eat it for snack or as a low-carb meal.
Also you just need very few ingredients from pantry to make this tasty and healthy classic egg salad. This recipe can be scalable . Check on how I make this egg salad.
Here are the list of ingredients to make this classic egg salad.
Hard boiled eggs and mayonnaise are the only two main ingredients here. Other ingredients are added to enhance the taste, texture and flavor of this salad.
Mayonnaise - Full fat Mayonnaise works well with this recipe. You can use any flavored Mayonnaise if you wish . But my personal favorite is garlic flavored Mayonnaise.
Dijon Mustard is used here but if not available you can go for yellow mustard also.
Other Ingredients - Onion , Herbs , Lime juice and seasonings are used.
Perfectly boiled eggs are key to this salad. Those 12 minutes boiled eggs with deep yellow color yolk works best for this salad. Don't use over cooked eggs to make this salad.
Chilled hard boiled eggs , works good here in this salad.
- Easily swap mayonnaise with Greek yogurt to make it healthy!
- Add herbs like chives and dill leaves for more robust and depth of flavors .
Can I Make Egg Salad Without Mayonnaise?
Not recommended . As boiled and chopped eggs gets drier, a creamy ingredient is important to bring eggs and everything else together. If not mayo , you can use mayo alternatives to make creamy and healthy egg salad recipe.
What are Mayo alternatives , in this recipe ?
Some of the mayo alternatives for creamier salads are – Greek Yogurt , Ricotta Cheese and Mashed avocado too
Can I store left over Egg Salad ?
Yes , you can store in clean air tight containers covered in fridge.
How To Make Egg Salad Sandwich or Wraps?
Fresh bread is great for making egg salad sandwiches. Place any salad leaf over toasted bread. Spread heaped tablespoon full of the salad mix over the toasted bread. Place the top bread and serve it.
You might also like
How to make Classic Egg Salad
Hard boil eggs for 12 minutes and turn off the stove. Cover with ice cold water and keep it aside for few minutes. Tap , break and peel the egg shell. You can chill eggs , before using in the recipe.
Chop Eggs and transfer into a salad mixing bowl.
Now finely chop onion , celery , parsley or cilantro and any other herbs ,if using.
Season chopped eggs with salt and pepper .
Now add mayonnaise, dijon mustard and chilli flakes.
Add finely chopped onions and herbs into mixing bowl.
Mix well everything and serve.
Classic Egg Salad Recipe
- 4 Hard boiled eggs
- 2-3 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoon Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Celery Stalk
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro or Parsley finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli flakes - as required
- Salt to taste
- Hard boil eggs for 12 minutes and turn off the stove. Cover with ice cold water and keep it aside for few minutes. Tap , break and peel the egg shell. You can chill eggs , before using in the recipe.
- Chop Eggs and transfer into a salad mixing bowl.
- Now finely chop onion , celery , parsley or cilantro and any other herbs ,if using.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper powder.
- Add finely chopped onions and herbs into mixing bowl.
- Now add mayonnaise, dijon mustard and chilli flakes.
- Mix well everything and serve.
- A good quality, full fat mayonnaise works well here . Though , you can use and flavored mayonnaise of your choice . My personal favorite is Garlic Flavored Mayonnaise to make this classic egg salad