Tandoori Gobi Recipe with step by step photos and short video. Tandoori Gobi is a tasty and healthy starter made with marinated cauliflower florets . It’s simple and fail proof recipe which you can easily make for any party . It need very less preparation , all you need is to just marinate cauliflower florets with tandoori spices and bake or grill . Doesn’t it sounds simple …, then head to your kitchen and prepare some for your dinner.
Cauliflower|Gobi has got many health benefits, it boosts heart health, helps in detoxification and has many digestive benefits too. With less calories it’s one of the best option for all those weight watchers. One of the best part of my healthy diet is to include tandoori veggies , paneer and chicken in my dinner. As it is done with minimal oil and tastes good too, I find it to be one of the healthiest diet to include in one’s meal plan . But it’s too sad to know that the amount of pesticides they spray on this vegetable…….! So always opt for a organic cauliflower , or make sure to blanch cauliflower before using it.
And whenever I tell my clients to eat tandoori veggies , they’ll be so happy to include in their diet rather than eating baked / steamed veggies. If you are on a kind of diet plan then opt for food that your mind and body both loves to eat. Only then you can stick to your diet plan without any cheat meals . So choose your meal wisely such that it is nutritious , low on calories and should be tasty too .
As I am baking / grilling lot of Tandoor food these days , I made a small batch of Tandoori Masala Powder at home . I always prefer to make my own spice blends and store it . Always homemade masala powders are much better as it is done with premium quality spices and its even economical.
If interested do check these simple and easy to make Homemade Spice Blends Recipes
- Biryani Masala Powder
- Tea Masala Powder
- Thandai Masala
- Sambar Powder
- Mixed Chutney Powder
- Bisi Bele bath Powder
- Kolhapuri Masala Powder
- Vangibath Powder .
Other most popular baked/ grilled / tandoor recipes on blog are :
Serve Tandoori Gobi , sprinkled with chat masala and Mint Chutney.
RECIPE CARD FOR TANDOORI GOBI
- 1 Cauliflower , Medium Size
- 3/4 Cup Hung Curd
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Tandoori Masala Powder or Garam Masala Powder refer notes
- 1/4 Tsp Ajwain /Carom seeds
- 1 Tsp Kasuri Methi /Dry Fenugreek
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chat Masala
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Oil or any cooking oil
- Rinse and cut cauliflower into medium size florets.
- Bring water to boil, add salt , pinch of turmeric powder and add cauliflower florets .
- Keep it in simmer for 3 minutes, turn of the heat and let it rest for 8-10 minutes. Drain water and keep it aside.
- Take 2 cups of curds and hung it in a cheese cloth, it takes around 45 minutes to 1 hr to get around 3/4 -1 cup of thick hung curd.
- Roast gram flour / besan till you get nice aroma.
- In a mixing bowl take hung curd , add roasted gram flour , ginger garlic paste, salt, oil, lemon juice , all other spices and mix well.
- Add cauliflower florets into marinade , mix well and keep it in refrigerate for minimum 1 hr .(you can also marinate for 5-6 hrs).
- Preheat, oven to 200 deg celsius .
- Grill /Bake for around 25-30 minutes , at halfway rotate cauliflowers florets and continue to grill , till corners of cauliflower start browning.
- If Tandoori Masala is not available then use 1/2 Tsp of garam masala and increase red chilli powder and coriander powder to 1 Tsp
- You can find Tandoori Masala Powder Recipe here.
Step by Step Directions to make Tandoori Gobi :
Rinse and cut the cauliflower into medium size florets.
Bring water to boil, add salt and add cauliflower florets .
Keep it in simmer for 3 minutes,turn of the heat and let it rest for 8-10 minutes.Drain water and keep it aside.
Take around 2 cups of curds and hung it in a cheese cloth, it takes around 45 minutes to 1 hr to get around 3/4 – 1 cup of thick hung curd.
Roast gram flour/ besan till you get nice aroma.
Add florets into it marinate well and keep it in refrigerate for minimum 1-hour (you can also marinate for 5-6 hrs).