Recipe Card for Rasmalai
- 6 Rasgulla , refer notes for Rasgulla recipe
- 1 ltr Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 8 Almonds Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chironji
- 6 Cashews Chopped
- 8 Pista Chopped
- 5 Saffron Strands
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Milk Masala Powder optional
- Soak saffron strands in 2 Tbsp of warm milk and keep aide for 30 minutes.
- Take a thick bottom vessel ,grease bottom with ghee and boil milk.
- Once milk starts to boil ,reduce the flame and continue to cook.
- Keep stirring the milk once in between by scrapping the edges,so that malai /cream gets into the milk.
- Continue to cook till milk gets reduced to half the quantity.
- Now add soaked saffron milk ,nuts ,cardamom powder and milk masala powder.Turn off the heat.
- Take Rasgulla, gently squeeze the excess sugar from the the rasgulla and soak it in the prepared condensed milk.
- Once it comes to the room temperature,refrigerate and serve chilled.
- You can prepare rasmalai from the scratch by preparing rasgulla . Rasgulla recipe is already shared.
- Soak rasgulla in hot flavoured condensed milk,allow it come to room temperature and then refrigerate.
Step by Step Directions:
Warm 2 Tbsp of milk and soak saffron for 30 minutes.
Take a heavy bottom vessel,grease some ghee and boil milk over a high heat and then reduce to medium low. Keep stirring in between so that milk doesn’t get burnt at the bottom.
Chop all the nuts finely and it to the above prepared milk.This is called rabri/Basundi.Take Rasgulla,gently squeeze the sugar syrup from it . Add this to the above prepared Rabri/Basundi when it is still hot. Let rasgulla get soaked in rabri ,once it gets completely soaked rasugulla’s becomes soft.
Now refrigerate it and serve chilled.