Tea Masala Powder recipe with step by step images and video. Chai Masala or Tea Masala Powder is a blend of spices which adds aromatic flavors in Indian Tea.
It has medicinal properties and adding a pinch of this spice blend makes a tasty and warm cup of tea.
Other authentic spice blends , which I often make at home are Sambar Masala , Biryani Masala , Curry leaves powder , Dry chutney Powder.
About this recipe
What can be better than a Masala Chai to keep you warm in winters. Tea Masala is just blend of spices that can be used while making Tea. From North to South India each family has got their own recipe for tea masala .
This is basic chai masala which I use ,one can vary the proportions to suit their needs. I prefer using this masala powder for making tea, which gives you a aromatic and mildly spiced tea that soothes throat and soul instantly. That's the love we Indian's possess for masala chai.
This is a kind of home remedy we use at home to keep oneself warm in cold season. Keeping this Masala powder as a basic chai masala recipe , one can add extra cardamom ,extra cinnamon ,extra fresh ginger to get cardamom tea, cinnamon tea, ginger tea and lemon grass to get respective flavors.
It's up to one's taste to use the spices as per their mood to get that extra flavorful punch in their tea.
Than buying an Tea Masala Powder from stores, this is very easy to prepare at home with just few spices and it's pocket friendly too.
Step by step directions
Heat Iron Griddle and dry roast all the ingredients till you get nice aroma, it takes 2-3 minutes.
Take measures not to burn or change the color of spices.
Once it cools down, transfer to a dry grinding jar and ground to fine powder.
Store it in a dry air tight container. Stays good for several months.
How to make Masala Chai ?
In a sauce pan heat 150 ml of water .
Add 2 teaspoon of Tea leaves and bring it to rolling boil. Tea leaves boils well and releases color.
Now add 150 ml of milk and boil well.
Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of prepared chai masala .
Let it steep in for 2 minutes on simmer.
Strain prepared tea an serve hot !
You might also like
Tea Masala Powder
- 7-8 1 " inch Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 15 Green Cardamom Pods
- 4 1 "inch Dry Ginger
- 1 Nutmeg Crushed
- 2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 Star Anise
To Make Chai
- 150 ml water
- 150 ml whole milk
- 2 teaspoon Tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon chai masala powder
How to make Chai Masala Powder
- Heat Iron Griddle and dry roast all the ingredients till you get nice aroma,it takes 2-3 minutes.
- Take measures not to burn or change the colour of spices.
- Once it cools down,transfer to a dry grinding jar and ground to fine powder.
- Store it in a dry air tight container,makes around 50 grams of masala powder.
How to make Chai
- In a sauce pan heat 150 ml of water .
- Add 2 teaspoon of Tea leaves and bring it to rolling boil. Tea leaves boils well and releases color.
- Now add 150 ml of milk and boil well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of prepared chai masala .
- Let it steep in for 2 minutes on simmer.
- Strain prepared tea an serve hot !
- Keeping this recipe as a basic ,you can enhance any flavour of your choice.
- Adding 1inch cinnamon stick while preparing masala chai,gives you cinnamon flavoured Tea.
- Likewise ,you can add Cardamom ,Fresh Ginger and lemon grass to get respective flavours of chai.
Leave a Reply