Sihi Avalakki | Sweet Poha is very simple and requires no cooking. There is no much of a recipe here. This is usually prepared as prashad and for offerings to God during festivals like Tulsi puja and Janmashtami . Poha is lord Krishna's favourite hence its prepared for His offerings.
Most important Naivedyam offered to Lord are Banana Rasayana, Sajigge| Kshera , Panchamrut and Panchakajjaya.
Recipe Card for Sihi Avalakki | Sweet Poha
Sihi Avalakki | Sweet Poha
- 11/2 Cup Thick Poha
- ½ Cup Fresh grated coconut
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ½ Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 Tbsp Jaggery Powder
- 1 pinch Edible Camphor
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Cashew nuts
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Almond Nuts
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Wash and rinse thick poha with water and soak poha in milk and set aside for 8 minutes.
- Add fresh grated coconut , honey , jaggery powder ,cardamom powder , edible camphor and nuts.
- Gently mix well everything and keep it aside for 5 minutes ,so that juices gets blend together and serve.
Step by Step Directions on making of Sihi Avalakki | Sweet Poha :
Wash thick poha and drain water completely. Now add ¼ cup milk to poha and set aside for 8 minutes. If you are using medium thick poha ,then wash poha and sprinkle 2 Tbsp of milk and set aside.
Add Chopped dry nuts,cardamom powder,edible camphor ,coconut and jaggery to the Poha mix well .
Offer to lord and then distribute as prasad to everyone.